Introduce yourself HERE for full access to the site

Future Leaders / Managers check THIS out

Upcoming Events (Click an event you're interested in for the countdown timer)

Rocket League Training: Tue 7am GMT / 6pm AEDT / 11pm PT - -Event Topic

Prominence Poker: Sat 4am GMT / 3pm AEST / Fri 8pm PT -Event Topic

Grand Theft Auto Sun 1:30am GMT / 12:30pm AEST / Sat 5:30pm PT -Event Topic

PSN COMMUNITY

News and Announcements regarding the community and website
ScottyB
Reactions: 10
PSN ID: ScottyB2229
Gaming IDs: Rockstar Social: ScottyB1988
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/scottyb88
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB4QPw ... 85_VFRme8A

PSN COMMUNITY

Post by ScottyB » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 am

We have a PSN Community called Amped UP Gaming! and we encourage every member to join. I'll be inviting members after we become PSN friends or you can request to join on your own.

We'd like to use this community as another way to alert members about scheduled and impromptu events in case they have missed it on the website. For now, small talk is okay but as our community grows I'd like to keep it focused on in game events rather than chat because it will become very annoying to be getting 100 messages a day compared to 3 or 4 game event notifications which will make people leave/mute the notifications and miss the important game event ones. We could possibly set up multiple communities if we'd like a general chat community/game specific communities etc so that you can just mute notifications on ones you don't want to get, but all this will be decided down the road as needed.

Leading up to a Scheduled Event, the host is encouraged to post reminders in their event thread and in this PSN community to promote their event to get as many people to attend as possible. The Impromptu Events section of this website is for any event or gathering on short notice and the PSN community would be the ideal place to get last minute members to join if they're on. So in short, if you're playing a game and want to see if anyone wants to join in or you're hosting a small playlist/job hopping, then post it here!

I'll be letting anyone who requests to join into the community (and encourage people to invite friends who'd be interested in joining the crew) and then post to let them know to join these forums. If they cause trouble or are inactive we can kick them from the group. The reason I bring this up is because I've already had a random request to join so this could be another way to advertise and recruit people.

Just in case anyone didn't know, Playstation has 3 different apps; PS Messages, PlayStation and Communities. The messages and communities are must haves if you use those features at all. This way when you have the app, you'll be notified on your phone when events are happening.

Lets all start to utilise this community to help meet up with other members playing the same game and kick some arse!

Mzerin
Reactions: 5

Post by Mzerin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Scotty to be honest I'm not a fan of the ps communities can we discuss this further before this becomes the standard. My preference would be to keep people on the site. I don't know how useful the communities are.
youtube: mzerin
psn: mzerin
Twitter: AMPD_mzerin
:roll:

ScottyB
Reactions: 10
PSN ID: ScottyB2229
Gaming IDs: Rockstar Social: ScottyB1988
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/scottyb88
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB4QPw ... 85_VFRme8A

Post by ScottyB » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Mzerin wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:40 pm
Scotty to be honest I'm not a fan of the ps communities can we discuss this further before this becomes the standard. My preference would be to keep people on the site. I don't know how useful the communities are.
What do you dislike about them? I absolutely agree in keeping the site as the main area we communicate and the community would just complement it by giving people notifications to their phones when events are starting or let them know to check out the details on the site for up coming events. Think of it as something like twitter or facebook and the community will be posting the feeds but if they want the article then they'll need to come to the site.

Mzerin
Reactions: 5

Post by Mzerin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:48 pm

Ok cool we just tested it and it doesn't show up on your phone unless you have the community app. Either way all good
youtube: mzerin
psn: mzerin
Twitter: AMPD_mzerin
:roll:

Braldy
Reactions: 32
PSN ID: Braldy
Gaming IDs: Twitch: Braldyau
Twitter: Braldyau
Youtube: Braldy B

Post by Braldy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:29 am

Rocket League and Fortnite PSN Commmunity...

We now have a " Rocket League" psn community. Just a 4 or 5 days old and already hitting 30 members respectively. Be sure to invite those you play with from the players met section of your friends list. There are no requirments to join but try avoid the non team players/ball chasers. With every 50 players to join i'll plug the website 😉

I'd also like to announce we now have a "Fortnite" psn community lead by our old friend Starmonkey. He is a machine on this game with around 130 victories overall and i think 50 or so victories in solo so be sure to hit him up for any tips and tricks and join the community to find others to play with. And... dont forget to invite team players from your players met in your friends list.

Monkey will join us at a later date on this forum.
Psn: Braldy
Twitch and Twitter: Braldyau
Youtube: Braldy B