ScottyB
Reactions: 10
PSN ID: ScottyB2229
Gaming IDs: Rockstar Social: ScottyB1988
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/scottyb88
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB4QPw ... 85_VFRme8A

Congratulations LN!

Post by ScottyB » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:41 am

A big congratulations to @-LN for placing second out of all the PS4 players on this seasons Prominance Poker!

Way to represent the community! Hopefully you'll get 1st in the not to distant future. Maybe it's time to reconsider your profession 😜

-LN
Reactions: 1
PSN ID: LN-MLB
Gaming IDs: Rockstar Social: LN-MLB

Post by -LN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Haha, thank you, Scotty! :D

Apparently the new season starts in one day, so I'd like to encourage everyone to play the three provisional games so that you can be placed within a ranked tier. You will get certain rewards no matter where you place at the end of the season, and the individual ranked tournament games themselves can pay off surprisingly well if you place 2nd or 1st; third or better qualifies as a "win" and you will either win or lose ranking points depending on where you finish and the ranking of the players you're up against. For example, if you're ranked Silver, but you finish 1st against Diamond, Platinum, or Gold players, you will get more points. On the other hand, if you're ranked Platinum, but finish behind a gold and silver player, you will lose or not gain as many points depending on where you place.

It's good fun though and it can get really competitive during the final days; some players just sort of stop playing once they hit Diamond Level because it pays 1.5 million chips at the end of the season, but you will often see many of the same names bouncing back and forth between the top ten positions as well. Having played so much poker myself for the last almost 30 years, the game play within the higher levels feels quite realistic and individuals play as if real money were on the line. It's definitely worth trying! :)

Also, I'm still in the process of figuring out a bracket style tournament for all of us in the near future. I'll keep you posted, but I'd definitely like to do more with this game and hopefully get more people interested. It's a great game and it would be awesome if we could get a large group established here. :)

rspain
Reactions: 5

Post by rspain » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Can we start a gofundme for ln, so he can get the $10,000 entry fee for wsop. We can all fly out and be his large crowd supporters when he makes final table.

-LN
Reactions: 1
PSN ID: LN-MLB
Gaming IDs: Rockstar Social: LN-MLB

Post by -LN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:24 pm

rspain wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:20 pm
Can we start a gofundme for ln, so he can get the $10,000 entry fee for wsop. We can all fly out and be his large crowd supporters when he makes final table.
Haha, that would be incredible! :lol: Thank you! :D I don't know if I'm quite that good, but I've always dreamt of playing in that one day. It's interesting though, I've played so long, but even with this game, I learn new things here and there all the time. It's pretty cool and always a learning experience. :)

rspain
Reactions: 5

Post by rspain » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:30 pm

Yeah I bet. Well if we ever get a lot of people in here and grow the community, I will definitely set up a gofundme.

And how cool would it be if you actually did make the final table and we would all be there with ampedupgaming.com shirts. And the partying would be a blast. Then when we get back to the hotel have an old school lan party on our ps4's lol.

Braldy
Reactions: 30
PSN ID: Braldy
Gaming IDs: Twitch: Braldyau
Twitter: Braldyau
Youtube: Braldy B

Post by Braldy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Well done LN. I'll be making a mention of this on our Twitter page ☺
Psn: Braldy
Twitch and Twitter: Braldyau
Youtube: Braldy B