Welcome to Amped UP Gaming, A Mature PS4 community where you can find like minded players to team up with for fun or competitive play across all PS4 games. For more information on how to sign up, click here.

Holidays/Rituals/Celebrations around the world

Everything else that doesn't come under a category here
Omoplataha
Finland
Reactions: 13
PSN ID: Omoplataha
Gaming IDs: Rockstar Social: Omoplataha

Holidays/Rituals/Celebrations around the world

Post by Omoplataha » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:41 am

Who rings a doorbell nowdays? Over here it's either a courier, someone who you forgot to let the door open, Halloween kids looking for a treat, or in here Nuuttipukki. Last one is similar to Halloween that we have over here in Finland that is still alive mainly in the Southwest part of the country.

Nuuttipukki (or in english St. Knut) is this day of January 13th when Christmas peace ends. In the old days usually young men would dress up with something scary and go from house to house and demanding beer and whatever was leftover from Christmas. If you refused to let them in they would do trash the place and spread word around of them not getting in. Letting them in was considered a good thing...

After WW2 this changed to where children will go from house to house and ask can they sing or tell a tale. They do so and you give them something in return. For me wondering out loud (while drunk) was when someone is ringing the doorbell at 8pm... Glad I had someting to give them...

Share your's around the world that we might not know off. Be it something like this or whatever...
1 Image

ScottyB
Australia
Reactions: 12
PSN ID: ScottyB2229
Gaming IDs: Rockstar Social: ScottyB1988
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/scottyb88
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB4QPw ... 85_VFRme8A

Post by ScottyB » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:53 am

What an interesting holiday! It’s always cool to learn the history of how certain celebratory days came to be.

Off the top of my head, Australians don’t really have any unique holidays like other countries. I guess we have a few in some states but nothing too exciting 😛

Mzerin
Australia
Reactions: 6

Post by Mzerin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Wow 😮
@Braldy is keen on pirate day does that count?
youtube: mzerin
psn: mzerin
Twitter: AMPD_mzerin
:roll:

Braldy
Australia
Reactions: 28
PSN ID: Braldy
Gaming IDs: Twitch: Braldyau
Twitter: Braldyau
Youtube: Braldy B

Post by Braldy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:04 pm

September 19th this year. Mark it down maties because we'll be talkin' that pirate talk.
Psn: Braldy
Twitch and Twitter: Braldyau
Youtube: Braldy B