Welcome to Amped UP Gaming, A Mature PS4 community where you can find like minded players to team up with for fun or competitive play across all PS4 games. For more information on how to sign up, click here.

Steep

Non Featured Sporting Games
Skorpion
Australia
Reactions: 13
PSN ID: Skorpion-AH
Gaming IDs: RSC: Skorpion-AH
FFXIV: Skorpion Blood (Omega)
Steam: skorionah
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC4bwc ... r41co_KkyA

Steep

Post by Skorpion » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:13 pm

After months of indecision, I finally decided to give STEEP a try. I've never been interested in extreme sports of any kind, but was drawn to this simply because it's different to all the other games that flood the shelves.

There's more to do than just snowboarding and skiing, and there's little time spent travelling to get to your next slope. If you wipe out you can restart at the top with the push of a button, making those tough slopes a little less frustrating.

The challenges include racing, freestyle, casual exploration, extreme, and even crashing as hard as you can and being scored by the G-forces on impact.

The game has no difficulty setting or character/gear stats which means everyone is scored equally and your score is purely based on skill and knowledge of the slope.

The Road to the Olympics is a fun challenge that I'm still working on. It begins by teaching players the basics and running training drills before going into tournaments against other olympic hopefulls to earn your chance to progress. I've not yet made it to the olympics but will hopefully be there soon.

The challenges are set against NPCs, but your score is shared in the leaderboards. The game is online only and you will encounter other riders all around you completing their own challenges and you can team up with others at any time.

You don't have to worry about being grieved on your ride either as there's an option for player on player collision which is disabled by default. You may have to deal with others trying to complete the same challenge as you being a little distracting, but thanks to the ragdoll physics it's usually just fun watching them wipe in front of you :lol:

Although I suspect it'll get boring soon, for now I'm really enjoying this game and it's challenges.

Has anyone else played this? If so, what do you think?
1 Image

Mzerin
Australia
Reactions: 6

Post by Mzerin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:02 pm

I downloaded the beta version and didn’t mind it. I would consider buying it if it was cheap
youtube: mzerin
psn: mzerin
Twitter: AMPD_mzerin
:roll:

Braldy
Australia
Reactions: 28
PSN ID: Braldy
Gaming IDs: Twitch: Braldyau
Twitter: Braldyau
Youtube: Braldy B

Post by Braldy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:34 am

I played the beta with Righteous and we had some fun skiing down the slopes together doing tricks completing levels and what not. Id also get it if it were cheap enough. Was suprised itbwas a 100 dollar game on release 😮
Psn: Braldy
Twitch and Twitter: Braldyau
Youtube: Braldy B

Skorpion
Australia
Reactions: 13
PSN ID: Skorpion-AH
Gaming IDs: RSC: Skorpion-AH
FFXIV: Skorpion Blood (Omega)
Steam: skorionah
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC4bwc ... r41co_KkyA

Post by Skorpion » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:42 am

I think it's about $40-50 for just the base game or $70 with road to olympics. Another $30 for the season pass which is for 2 smaller DLCs.

I was going to wait for price to drop but in the end the draw of something different was enough to make me overlook the price being slightly higher than I'd of liked.
1 Image

ScottyB
Australia
Reactions: 12
PSN ID: ScottyB2229
Gaming IDs: Rockstar Social: ScottyB1988
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/scottyb88
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB4QPw ... 85_VFRme8A

Post by ScottyB » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:03 pm

This was just on sale for around $35-40 for the base game and $54 for the deluxe version on the PSN store, which is the one I ended up getting. I haven't played it that much yet but it's a fun chill game that is different from most others.

You can Ski, Snowboard, Parachute, fly a wingsuit, get sleds and other bits and pieces. So many cool extreme sports to play. I think it might get a bit repetitive after a while, having to do the same things on a slightly different track but it's something I think I could keep coming back to in small doses.

What I'm looking forward to doing on it though is video editing stuff to make a cool video. I'm pretty sure it has all the features required to properly edit a video of your run.