Introduce yourself HERE for full access to the site

Future Leaders / Managers check THIS out

Upcoming Events (Click an event you're interested in for the countdown timer)

Rocket League Training: Tue 7am GMT / 6pm AEDT / 11pm PT - -Event Topic

Prominence Poker: Sat 4am GMT / 3pm AEST / Fri 8pm PT -Event Topic

Grand Theft Auto Sun 1:30am GMT / 12:30pm AEST / Sat 5:30pm PT -Event Topic

PlayStation Headsets

Everything regarding PlayStation; consoles, accessories, updates and troubleshooting
ScottyB
Reactions: 10
PSN ID: ScottyB2229
Gaming IDs: Rockstar Social: ScottyB1988
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/scottyb88
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB4QPw ... 85_VFRme8A

PlayStation Headsets

Post by ScottyB » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Let’s use this thread to share what headsets you have used with a review about how you found them.

Feel free to ask any questions you have about this topic here too.

My first and only headset is the Sony Pulse Elite. They’ve lasted a good 3 years of heavy use. They work great with the PS3 and PS4 since that’s what they’re made for. They sound pretty good although I don’t have anything to compare them too and have most of the desired features you’d want like game/chat mixer, easy to mute button with full wireless connectivity via a USB Bluetooth dongle.

Now for the negative. With this specific headset, it’s very prone to breaking just above the ear cup which I was able to simply fix with super glue. The comfort now, and for some time has been pretty bad and I get headaches across the headband after around an Hr. The comfort initially was good from memory but still nothing to compare it too. I think the PlayStation range of headphones are quite good for the mid level price range.

I’m now in the market for a new headset and I’m looking for something high end. The main features I want are wireless, comfort and great audio quality.

I’m fairly set on the ASTRO A50s so far as many reviews have said they are extremely comfortable and have incredible sound quality with a fully customisable equaliser (done on pc) and can change between 3 presets in the fly. You can also connect music via 3.5mm jack to the base station and listen to music over your gaming and chat sound.

The Turtle Beach 800x was my next choice but I’ve heard some bad things about comfort and that the sound quality is better in the Astros.

Braldy
Reactions: 32
PSN ID: Braldy
Gaming IDs: Twitch: Braldyau
Twitter: Braldyau
Youtube: Braldy B

Post by Braldy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:14 pm

Firstly i'd like to mention the first headset i bought was a turtle beach on the ps3, it wasnt wireless. It was green and around 100 bucks a few years ago. It was a total nightmare trying to set it up, going into the setting and trying to configure it. Each to their own but i would never touch that brand again after that experience.

After returning that headset the guys at eb games recommended the playstation headset for around the same price.

I wasnt sure of the name so googled it just now but found this guy gives a much better review than i ever could. I cant fault this headset and if i could find another id buy it for when this one craps out.

If i had to pick one fault it would be that the ear pad lining is starting to fall apart a little but after 3 years i aint complaing bout that.

In this review the guy also mention some noise when using surround sound feature but i cant say i hear it so not sure whats up with that for him.

Anyways. Here is his review and i thought it was spot on.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/artiss. ... adset/amp/
1 Image
Psn: Braldy
Twitch and Twitter: Braldyau
Youtube: Braldy B

Skorpion
PSN ID: Skorpion-AH
Gaming IDs: RSC: Skorpion-AH
FFXIV: Skorpion Blood (Omega)
Steam: skorionah
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC4bwc ... r41co_KkyA

Post by Skorpion » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:49 pm

My first headset on PS3 was a wireless PS earpiece which I upgraded to a cheap pair of wired headphones. I'm pretty sure they were Turtle Beach brand but only cost about $20 so nothing special.

Around the time I got my first PS4 not long after release, I also upgraded my computer and decided to get a quality pair of headphones for use with both. I spent $550 on a pair of wireless TB headphones that lasted me two months and stopped working.

After that I went back to $20 wired headsets until about two years ago. I now use a wired TB PX24 which cost me about $60. The inline amplifier has controls for volume, bass level, voice feedback, and surround as well as the important mute button. It also has a switch for PC, PS4 and XBox. I have to use the PC setting because the other two have lower mic volume and I get told I'm talking too quiet. Not sure there is any other significant difference though.

I've not had any issues with this headset. It's easy to use and comfortable, but after wearing it all day it gets a bit uncomfortable as with any headset I've used. The sound quality is great, however using the Xbox and PS4 settings causes some minor static at high volumes but isn't a problem for me.

I have it connected by jack to the USB cable from my old headset which has another jack input which has been connected to allow music from my laptop to be played into the headphones as well as diverting to my surround system.

To me it's one of the hardest things about gaming, finding a decent headset. There are so many options, and everyones opinion and experiences are different. Even if you research and get the most comfortable headset on the market, you personally might not find it comfortable. The best quality, and you could be unlucky enough to get a dud.

After my experiences I actually hate having to find something new that I'll be happy with that's less than $100. So I really do hope to never replace my current headset, althought I know I'll unfortuantely have to eventually.
1 Image

ScottyB
PSN ID: ScottyB2229
Gaming IDs: Rockstar Social: ScottyB1988
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/scottyb88
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB4QPw ... 85_VFRme8A

Post by ScottyB » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:43 pm

After much thought, I decided to go with the PlayStation platinum headset.

I had been testing my playstation pulse elite headset against a Bose quiet comfort 35 headset (double the price) comparing audio quality and while the Bose obviously sounded significantly better (much more clarity) the Pulse elite still sounded pretty good.

I can’t imagine the ASTRO a50s would be much better than the platinum headset which doesn’t justify its price tag.

I then started looking for other comparable headsets which led me to the turtle beach stealth 700 which was very feature rich. After hearing many bad things about TB headsets (even though it had good reviews), I decided that I didn’t need those extra features and didn’t want to risk getting a bad headset and since I’ve had a good experience with the pulse elites, it just made sense.

The platinum was obviously made for the PlayStation and has some awesome features as well as great sound. They have a 3D audio which replicates 100+ speakers and apparently sounds incredible. Unfortunately there is only one game that supports it, uncharted 4, with more meant to come later. Where this headset excels for me was that it’s made for the VR and the majority of VR games utilise the 3D audio which will immerse you even more.

I’ll write a bit of a review once I get them and use them a bit